Larry J. Centola
Email MeLarry J. Centola
Mr. Centola focuses on class actions, products liability, and mass torts. Mr. Centola is class counsel in the Bayou Corne sinkhole lawsuit and has been named class counsel in medical billing lawsuits across the state against health care providers including a class action against Acadian Ambulance that settled for $5.9 million. Mr. Centola has represented victims of Chinese Drywall, victims of asbestos and silica exposure, and victims of faulty drugs and medical devices. In 2010, Mr. Centola received a favorable jury verdict for a man against an offshore drilling rig owner for exposing the man to mercury.
Mr. Centola has lectured across Louisiana on class actions, ethics, and professionalism.
Mr. Centola received his law degree from Louisiana State University in 2001 and his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University in 1998. Mr. Centola served as the LSU Student Body President for the 1997-98 academic year and currently serves on the LSU Law Center Young Alumni Council.
After spending one year as a law clerk at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Mr. Centola spent over five years at a major New Orleans defense firm before joining Martzell and Bickford in 2007.
Mr. Centola is a past Chairman of the Louisiana State Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, he serves on the Executive Board of Directors for the New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and he is an active member of the Louisiana Association for Justice.
Mr. Centola is the 2008 recipient of the Sandra Day O’Conner Award for Professional Service, awarded by the national American Inns of Court to one young lawyer each year for excellence in pro bono activities.
In 2013, Mr. Centola won the President’s Award from the Louisiana Association for Justice for dedicated service in the legal profession.
Areas of Practice
- Class Action/Mass Torts
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 2001
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D – 2001
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
- B.A – 1998
- Honors: Louisiana State University Student Body President, 1997-1998
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Sandra Day O’Conner Award for Professional Service, 2008
- President’s Award, Louisiana Association for Justice, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Past Chairman, 2012 – Present
- Federal Bar Association, Young Lawyers New Orleans, Chairman, 2011 – 2012
- New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Executive Board of Directors
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- Louisiana State University (LSU) Law Center Young Alumni Council
Past Employment Positions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, Law Clerk